Lucent Design Co. is hiring a designer to join our Commission Creative team. This position is remote with the option to serve at a few events each year in Springfield, Missouri.
The position is best suited for a friendly, detail-oriented designer with strong customer service experience and a passion for serving Christian missionaries carrying out the Great Commission.
This position is a solid mix of design (~50%), customer service (~40%), and administrative (~10%) responsibilities. Our designers work directly with customers to provide an excellent customer experience in addition to working on internal marketing efforts.
- U.S. Citizen
- A strong belief in the work of Commission Creative: Serving Christian missionaries through design
- One (1) year of experience in creating custom designs from scratch with Adobe Photoshop or similar tools
- Excellent soft skills in communication, problem-solving, & work ethic
- Strong customer service experience and an excellent listener
- Being teachable and having a strong desire to grow your skills
Extras that are helpful, but not required:
- Experience with missions work and/or overseas travel
- Some formal/technical design experience
- Email and social media marketing experience
You enjoy people and find it fulfilling to use your talents to help them, whether it’s finding the right product for their needs, answering questions, or solving problems. You’re an excellent written and verbal communicator who listens intently and understands what people need before responding. You enjoy making to-do lists, setting deadlines, and marking tasks complete. You may have an affinity for keyboard shortcuts. You have some experience with a wide variety of tech tools and like the challenge of learning something new where you lack experience.
- Create original new designs for customers 3-5 times per week (to start)
- Provide a delightful customer experience through phone, email, and live chat conversations
- Submit orders to vendors
- Write thank you cards
- Simple accounting tasks (create & send invoices)
- Handle quality assurance issues for orders
- Call to sending organizations
Benefits & Perks
Job Type: A full-time gig (~ 32 – 40 hours/week)
Pay Range: $16 – $18 / hour based on experience and expertise in related areas
Benefits: profit sharing, paid time off, flexible schedule, remote work
We’re sure you will enjoy our relaxed work environment, sit-stand desks, casual dress code, and generous time off, including your birthday. You will get to work on a shiny new MacBook Pro and the latest software & tools. We strive to work a maximum of 40 hours a week so our team members can enjoy life outside of work. We work to live and not the other way around.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out an application and include a cover letter explaining why you would be a great addition to our team. For Enneagram enthusiasts, include your number if you already know it.
We designed a fresh logo and a new website to showcase Harp Creative’s outstanding work.
Want to Work Together?
Our team of experts is ready to bring clarity to digital marketing. We'd love to hear about your project.